This is an addon to show you which quests you are missing in a zone. You can search by typing
and the addon will display all incomplete quests for that zone in the chat box (sorry, no fancy UI). The zone name doesn't have to be complete, it can be a partial name. If multiple zones fit the entered zone name, the missing quests for each zone will all be displayed (for example typing "/tfq king" will list missing quests in Kingsward and King's Breach).
As this is a beta version, it is only working for english clients currently. Localisation may follow if there's enough interest.
*** Technical notes following ***
NOTE: The information below is about implementation details, and you don't need to read it if you only want to use the addon.
The addon uses quest data obtained from the file Quests.xml (which can be downloaded from Trion's FTP site, inside Rift_Discoveries.zip). This file can be parsed with a small Java application, which is contained in the folder "java" inside the addon folder in both source and compiled form.
The Java application does not directly create a .lua file, it merely creates the required output (in the console). The content of the included QuestData.lua was created from the Quests.xml in Rift_Discoveries_2012_12_3.zip.
The Java application currently uses the following criteria to determine if a quest from Quests.xml is used in the output:
- it must have a zone element
- the quest's name must not start with "Workorder:"
- the quest's name must not be contained in a list of quests (which currently contains "some" zone event quest names)
- it must have the element <Repeatable>Never</Repeatable>
- it must not have a scope with one of the values of ("Instant Adventure", "Guild", "Raid", "Weekly", "PVP", "Ancient Wardstones", "Soul")
I'd be glad about suggestions how to refine these criteria, to create more exact output.
- corrected and simplified the logic to check quest faction vs. player faction
- new: the addon now also lists a location name next to quest names (if available in the quest data)
- new: active quests that you finish are not displayed anymore in the addon's output
- fix: user input is now changed to lower case