** WARNING **
Version 2.0.0 uses a new data structure and therefor will not load your current list of mounts/pets. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, but feel that the added functionality was well worth it. Also, adding mounts/pets is extremely easy now thanks to Adelea's code snipit.
** WARNING **
A simple addon to allow you to summon a random mount or random pet with a click of the button. It is not tied to a specific group of mounts or pets and you may enter any and all mounts and pets you currently have. I did this so when new mounts/pets are added to the game, you are not stuck waiting for a new release.
When the addon loads, you will see two new buttons on your screen and can perform the following actions:
1) Right Click either button to open config panel
3) Right Mouse Drag to move the buttons anywhere on the screen (make sure buttons are not locked in config panel).
3) Left Click either button to summon a random mount/pet
Config Panel has the following:
General Tab - allow you to select general options for the addon
Mount Tab - A list of mounts you've added and information about each mount.
Pet Tab - A list of Pets you've added and information about each pet.
When first loading the addon, you will need to fill your mount list and pet list. This is now done by simply dragging and dropping the mount/pet from your corresponding mount/companion tab. When you drop the mount/pet in the drag/drop window it will display information about that mount/pet as well as add it to your list. To delete a mount/pet from the list, simply highlight the mount or pet and select the delete button.
The general tab now has a few more options. One is to display the mount/pet icon on the interface. Hovering over the mount/pet interface will also present a tooltip with the summoned mount/pet. Another option is to allow duplicate mounts/pets. Along with duplicate mounts/pets, I've added a feature to force unique summon for mounts/pets. This will insure the addon loops through the entire list of mounts/pets before repeating.
The API does not allow inspection of current mount status. It is possible for the addon's mount messages to get out of sink depending on how you dismount or are dismounted. If this happens, use the addon to summon mount. Once summoned, manually dismount and the addon should be back in synch. For that reason, you can turn off mount messages on the general tab. If functionality is every added to allow us to see mounted status, this bug will be fixed.
Since the addon maps a macro to a command button, it is locked during system secure modes (mainly combat). If you load and are put into combat, it is possible that the addon's mapping did not take place and clicking mount button in combat will produce nothing. The system prevents you from summoning a pet in combat, so pets are not really an issue.
Big thanks to Pyroluna and The Hammerfist Clan Rift Team: (http://www.hammerfistclan.com/)
Also, thanks to Doxxx for libSimpleWidgets!
Adelea for the drag/drop functionality. Makes it much more user friendly.
* Handled error that appeared when summoning in combat.
* This update codes for the new updated event system introduced with Rift 2.3.
* Changed the data model and therefor all lists will be wiped (I apologize).
* Icon, Unique Summons, and Drag drop functionality improved.
* This is the update is dubbed the Adelea patch! Thank you so much for pointing me to the drag and drop functionality. This will make adding pets/mounts so much easier. To add mount/pets simply open your character screen's appropriate tab and drag the mount/pet to the associated drop area on the addon. No more typing! It is also sparking me to revamp the addon to incorporate additional information regarding mounts and pets. Stay tuned!
* Added ability to force unique mounts and pets. This option is automatically selected and will force the addon to select a unique mount/pet until your entire list of mounts/pets have been summoned. If unchecked, it will work as it always has.
* Fixed the random number generator. I was using the wrong value for seeds. This could cause the same mount/pet to be summoned many times in a row.
* Updated libSimpleWidgets (fixed key event changes made in SL v.2.2)
* Updated libSimpleWidgets (bug fix with deleting items from SimpleScrollList).
* Fixed bug when entering combat the addon would sometimes throw an error.
* Known issue: when deleting pets/mounts it sometimes throws an error. This will be fixed in future release.
* Updated libSimpleWidgets (bug fix with new SimpleScrollList).
* Fixed bug when entering mounts/pets you would sometimes get a duplicate if enter key is hit.
* Ability to hide/show individual mount/pet buttons
* Added slash command /mountme to display the config panel
* Updated libSimpleWidgets for SimpleListView (thanks d0xxx)