A simple addon that allows a user to create stat-weight sets and then compare current gear values to those of new drops. This addon will tell you if an item is in fact an upgrade and by how much. It's as simple as tying a role to a stat-weight. By doing this the addon will save your current gear set along with stat-weights. This way when an item drops, the addon will do all the math based off of the theory crafting numbers you choose. It will then prompt you if the drop is in fact an upgrade. Set up as many sets as you like, then simply hover over an item and the tooltip will display if it is an upgrade and for what set. There are several premade stat-weights already loaded into the addon, however the values are infinitely customizable. All stats are available and as long as you set a value > 0, the addon will include it in the scoring system.
I would like to thank Archyface for all the mage and rogue weights, Rain for the warrior weights, and Bowler Hat for the cleric weights. Again, all the hard work and effort these individuals put in to make these weights available to us, should not go unnoticed. I truly appreciate it. That being said, if you want to increase/decrease or add another stat to a premade set, there is no issue. Just adjust the needed stat and select save. You have not just created your own gear/weight set.
To access the config panel, type /upme
Direction To Get Started:
UpgradeMe uses the concept of outfits. An outfit is a set of gear for a particular soul build. For example, a cleric's tanking gear is much different from their healing gear and their DPS gear. Likewise for other callings.
1) Equip the outfit you want to set up.
2) Type /upme to launch the config panel.
The config panel will have several selections, but can be as simple as using the top four data entry points.
3) The first dropdown box should be empty as you have no saved outfits yet.
4) Enter the name of the outfit in the text field area. Example: Healing, or ChloroHeals (you want something simple in order to use the slash commands later).
5) Enter description (this is optional). Example: 61 chloro, 10 Dom, 5 Harbinger - MT Healing
6) The next dropdown list is a list of premade stat weights compiled from Archyface (mage and rogue), Rain (warrior), and Bowler Hat (cleric). Simply select one and it will populate the sliders.
7) If you don't see the set you need, you can manually set up the weights using the sliders below. Also, should you not like one of the preloaded stat sets, you can change any/all the values.
8) Once done, click the Save Outfit button. This will save the stat weights and outfit pieces you are currently wearing.
9) Change outfits and repeat step from step 1 for as many sets as you want.
10) After creating your outfit sets, just close the config panel and the addon will do the rest. Anytime you hover over gear, the addon will place a tooltip under the system's tooltip letting you know if it is an upgrade or not and for what outfit sets.
Things to note:
* Unfortunately linking items does not trigger this addon as it is not considered a tooltip by the UI. However, auction house, inspecting other players, dungeon/raid/world drops, etc will all produce a tooltip.
* Tooltips are tied to calling. So if plate drops and you are a cloth wearer, the addon will not trigger. The tooltip will have the name of the outfit and then associated scores for the new item in the following format (100/90) + 10. Where 100 is the new item score, 90 is the current item score, and +10 is the upgrade score.
* Rings - Rings will produce a different tooltip. It will rate each ring and tell you if it is an upgrade or not.
* Two Handed Weapons - Will be compared to main hand and off hand making it easier to see if it is an upgrade or not.
* Items without any stats will show as a side grade regardless of if it is better or not. So you must use your own judgement for your spec (trinkets).
* Rune's are not used in calculation. The addon assumes that if you have a rune on your current piece, it will be the same rune on the new piece.
* If you replace a gear item, you must manually tell the addon that the old item was replaced. Meaning if you are healing and a tank helm drops, you need to tell the addon that you want to replace this item. In order to do that, you will need to: 1) Equip all your tanking gear and then 2) type /upme [outfitname]. So if your outfit is called Tanking1, you can simply type /upme Tanking1 and your current gear set will be saved to the Tanking1 statweight set.
This addon is part of a larger launch including website, tools, and addons. Please see Rain's Rift Post
I hope you enjoy and if you have an suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to drop me a note.
* Fixed a bug introduced with 1.0.5 where weapon dps was not being calculated correctly. My apologies for not catching this sooner.
* Added outfit validation to the tooltip. Now when your current gear does not match that of a saved set, the tooltip will prompt you with "Current Outfit Conflict" in the tooltip. Everything will work fine, but it will remind you that you've equipped an upgrade, but forgot to save it to a particular set.
* Updated addon scope. Thank you Imhothar for pointing it out and walking me through it.
* Fixed issue with 61 Sentinel Build (thanks LeperMessiah for pointing out the discrepancy)
* Updated config panel with tabs. New info tab will automatically display on build updates. Panel will only display if one of your calling's builds was edited. It will only display the first time logging in, but will be available via the Info tab on the config panel.
* Fixed bug where sometimes an error would be thrown mousing over non-equipment items.
* Updated libSimpleWidgets (fixed key event changes made in SL v.2.2)
** Noticed that test data made it into release. Values were corrected.
** NOTICE: If you were using one of the premade mage stat sets, please open the config panel, select your outfit, then reselect the stats and click save again. This will update your sets with the correct values. I apologize for this inconvenience.
** Fixed issue when manually entering values it would sometime throw an error.
** Seems like patch 2.2 changed code values for tab and enter keys. I changed those too.