Riftui

Riftui (https://www.riftui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.riftui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Better Unitframes (https://www.riftui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227)

Rustycage 02-24-12 03:08 AM

Better Unitframes

I notice there just isn't unit frames that do what I'd prefer... I find it tough to be a healer in groups because the raid/group frames don't really indicate in a way that stands out for me which person is what roll... sure it's there but it's really small and hard for me to notice when in combat.

I don't really know what I'm requesting, all I know is - I'm looking for something better, something easier to recognize the roll of your group members, better raid frames that show this, and better player/target/group frames that show this. I hate having to stare at the UI all the time to know what's going on too... that's something I've always had to do in every MMO I ever played. I'd like to be able to pay attention to the combat, and stop staring at the UI, but alas... if I do everybody will die.

Does anyone have any input to this, something we can do about this? I get rather frustrated with the current system, when it comes to group activities.

Critt 02-24-12 08:29 AM

Take a look at myUI here on the site. It makes the UI completely customizable. With a little work you could have any setup you want.

The only downside to it is the fact that Trion has not enabled right click menus in the addon API. Just put the target and your frame behind it and scale it big enough for you right click it. Then set the transparency to 0. VA-LA! Right click menus!

If you have a setup in mind that you want; post a pic of it or something and I will try to work on it in my spare time.

Rustycage 02-24-12 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critt (Post 809)
Take a look at myUI here on the site. It makes the UI completely customizable. With a little work you could have any setup you want.

The only downside to it is the fact that Trion has not enabled right click menus in the addon API. Just put the target and your frame behind it and scale it big enough for you right click it. Then set the transparency to 0. VA-LA! Right click menus!

If you have a setup in mind that you want; post a pic of it or something and I will try to work on it in my spare time.

Yeah, I like myUI and right now I use it, but it just seems too original for me, I'd like to have something like the frames that are in the screenshot for AlertMe - but I can't code. It's more clean, while still going with the elements of the UI that you can't change the look of yet, at least until they are able to be changed. I would find it so much easier if Trion implemented an image changer thing for the UI, so you can change the images in it, to whatever you want, to make a custom UI.

But for now, something like what's in that screenshot would do justice for me. myUI is great, but I don't know if you can do that with it. Also with raid frames, I'd like something that stands out in combat, but probably would better with Nameplates, and then just have a shield blink very lightly above the head of the tank, during groups/raids, so I know who is the Tank. The rest is no problem... just the tank - I struggle seeing the tank.

Eh, I just typed an essay, I hope you have time to reply to it soon.

Critt 02-24-12 11:08 AM

I will take a look and try to work on something for you this weekend. I have to work and raid so hopefully I will have the time to work on it.

Are you talking about the HP, Mana, and Charge bars at the bottom of the screen shot?

Rustycage 02-26-12 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critt (Post 811)
I will take a look and try to work on something for you this weekend. I have to work and raid so hopefully I will have the time to work on it.

Are you talking about the HP, Mana, and Charge bars at the bottom of the screen shot?

Yes I am - sorry for the late reply - I missed your question... I am ADHD I think.

ithorien 04-13-12 10:18 AM

Bit of necro, but I would do unspeakable things to be able to get Pitbull from WoW ported over to Rift.

Unspeakable things.

Lanacan 04-29-12 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithorien (Post 892)
Bit of necro, but I would do unspeakable things to be able to get Pitbull from WoW ported over to Rift.

Unspeakable things.

Bleh I hated Pitbull. oUF was better.

These are shaping up: http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info239-nkThings.html