Unread 11-17-11, 10:04 AM   #1
Rustycage
Claw of Regulos

Custom Keybind Profiles (more info inside)

I was just playing around with keybinds and found easier set ups for different situations and I thought, how great it would be to save these setups seperately, respectfully for each different situation.

For example, say I prefer a certain set up for PvP, that kind of gets in the way of all other situations (PvE, Dungeons, etc), so to be able to quickly and easily switch back to a PvE, or Dungeon set up (again etc), I would need a button, or a special keybind for that.

If this is already in the game, let me know and I'll try to remove this post. But I thought it wasn't in it, since I couldn't find it.

I am requesting that someone who knows API code (and if this is even possible yet), to create an addon that will save profiles for Keybind setups, for seperate situations respectfully, and done easily through the press of a button/click, or keybind.

Thanks for your time.

Note: If you need custom buttons or graphics created for it, I'm more than willing to do it, as I'm a graphic designer but can't code for the life of me, and I've been designing for about 9-10 years now.
Rustycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-11, 10:55 AM   #2
chivon8
Zombie

You can export your keybindings like you can export your UI, I set up 2 examples below using the exportkeybindings command

/exportkeybindings pve
/exportkeybindings pvp

/importkeybindings pve
/importkeybindings pvp
chivon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-11, 11:21 AM   #3
Rustycage
Claw of Regulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivon8 View Post
You can export your keybindings like you can export your UI, I set up 2 examples below using the exportkeybindings command

/exportkeybindings pve
/exportkeybindings pvp

/importkeybindings pve
/importkeybindings pvp
Oh, cool.

Edit: It works, however not that it matters but the / commands are removed as soon as I click save, but once I click the icon for it on my actionbar, it still works, so no biggie.

Thanks for the reply.

I still would prefer some kind of button on the screen that I can access which will provide more features for this idea anyway. But for now this will work.

Last edited by Rustycage : 11-17-11 at 08:42 PM.
Rustycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-11, 01:49 AM   #4
sgtoutlaw
Zombie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Generally you want to make a seperate macro for the seperate soul build that will go with it. It is easy enough to roll it all into one macro button on your screen, you just have to make sure to place the buttons on all the soul builds.

something like if your pve role is set as the first in the list

role 1
importkeybindings pve
loadequip 1

there is of course other things that can be put all into this one macro, such as the

importui pve

or even setting up profiles for mods that you use, if you have any that you can do that with.
sgtoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Custom Keybind Profiles (more info inside)