Unread 10-07-11, 06:23 AM   #1
Myrroddin
Endless Captain
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[alpha] LibDataBroker-1.0 port

I ported LibDataBroker-1.1 to Rift as LibDataBroker-1.0. This is 100% UNTESTED, and I fully expect bugs.

The biggest challenge was converting the callbacks to Utility.Event.Create, and I would be thankful if someone tested, or looked at my code to see if I got it even remotely correct.

The Rift events are Event.LibDataBroker.AttributeChanged and Event.LibDataBroker.ObjectCreated

Let me know, good or bad. And especially if you have fixes. This was a good way to pull hair out!

If all goes well, I will release the addon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LibDataBroker-1.0.zip (1.5 KB, 1041 views)
Myrroddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-11, 03:42 PM   #2
fostot
Zombie

I just might be in love with you. Thank you! This will spawn an entire set of addons! Here here for dockingstation/chocolatebar over here!
fostot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-11, 07:16 PM   #3
Myrroddin
Endless Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by fostot View Post
I just might be in love with you. Thank you! This will spawn an entire set of addons! Here here for dockingstation/chocolatebar over here!
And thank you. Also thanks to the original authors of the WoW version, and to the folks at WoWAce for helping me do the conversion.

Just keep in mind this is a work in progress, which is why it is not on the addons list for either riftui.com or rift.curse.com. Case in point, what you see here isn't even my current version. Shouldn't break anything, but just a friendly warning.
Unread 10-09-11, 07:50 AM   #4
Neglected
Bomani Harbinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrroddin View Post
And thank you. Also thanks to the original authors of the WoW version, and to the folks at WoWAce for helping me do the conversion.

Just keep in mind this is a work in progress, which is why it is not on the addons list for either riftui.com or rift.curse.com. Case in point, what you see here isn't even my current version. Shouldn't break anything, but just a friendly warning.
Just tried embedding this into FooBar and noticed that you hadn't included an Environment line in your .toc file, which was preventing it from loading when using Embed. :P Thought I should point it out to yah ;D
Unread 10-10-11, 02:03 AM   #5
Myrroddin
Endless Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neglected View Post
Just tried embedding this into FooBar and noticed that you hadn't included an Environment line in your .toc file, which was preventing it from loading when using Embed. :P Thought I should point it out to yah ;D
What? Frantically checks.... Dammit! OK, I'll get this fixed right away, but there is something odd with the CurseForge packager. Some people, including myself, are seeing it fail to build zip packages.

After you added the Environment = "1.5" how did it work out?

Thank you for the catch!
Unread 10-10-11, 12:13 PM   #6
Neglected
Bomani Harbinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrroddin View Post
What? Frantically checks.... Dammit! OK, I'll get this fixed right away, but there is something odd with the CurseForge packager. Some people, including myself, are seeing it fail to build zip packages.

After you added the Environment = "1.5" how did it work out?

Thank you for the catch!
Well, it loaded. I didn't actually check the functionality, since I don't have LDB using addon, but I did hook it up so a new module would be created every time a data object was. ;p
Unread 10-16-11, 01:49 AM   #7
Myrroddin
Endless Captain
I fixed the issues mentioned in the toc, and expanded the Environment to be both 1.5 and 1.6. The Version will also backfill using CurseForge's keyword substitutions.

After that, I tagged a new release 1.0.1, but as mentioned in a few places, I legally cannot host the file here on RiftUI

The only legal download link is http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/libdatabroker-1-0 (and CurseForge, but only if you want to play with alpha builds)

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns » [alpha] LibDataBroker-1.0 port