Unread 04-16-13, 02:02 AM   #1
tenpigs
Zombie
trying to install a UI

So far I am not having any luck installing Mofix UI.
I follow the instructions and when I type in /installui Mofix_EN I get a message saying it has failed to import it.
I have no other UI or addons installed and there was no original interface folder in my Rift installation.

Any suggestions as to what to do next?

Thanks
tenpigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-13, 12:42 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Would you mind posting the exact steps you took, please? All the way from "downloaded Mofix" right through to the end.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-13, 09:06 AM   #3
tenpigs
Zombie
Thanks for the reply.

I followed the instructions from the Mofixui page :
Without MinUi

Download MofixUi from Riftui.com
Extract the zip-file into your Rift folder. ( Default: C://ProgramFiles/Riftgame )
Login with your character.
( Turn off MinUi in the AddOns tab or delete it in your AddOns folder, C://ProgramFiles/Riftgame/Interface/Addons )
Type into the chat: /importui Mofix_EN or Mofix_DE
Press ESC. Go to Interface -> Display and set the global ui scale to 73.
Done.

The only thing I couldn't do was turn off MiniUi as I have had no previous addons and there was no interface folder in my Rift folder.

When I typed in /importui Mofix_EN it threw up an error (but I probably should not have been logged in while doing it). I couldn't read what the error said because they were stuck behind some action bars so I just logged off.
When I logged out of the game I went to log back in but I was unable to type in my password ... nothing happened. That cleared though when I restarted the computer. When I tried again to import the ui nothing happened and my addons folder from in game was empty.

I deleted the Mofix folder from my game folder. I did manually customise some action bars and key bindings, save them and import them to another character.

I am probably missing something a bit silly so apologies if I seem like a moron but I will be appreciative of any pointers, Thanks
tenpigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-13, 08:09 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
First, absolutely no apology necessary! It can be confusing the first time, and you can't be expected to know how to do it if you haven't done it before.

Okay, so - here are the steps we recommend, outlined in our Help section:
  1. Download your chosen addon.
  2. Extract the files to a folder on your desktop.
  3. Run Rift.
  4. Click on the 'addons' button on the character select screen.
  5. Click on the 'open addon directory' button on the addons list screen. This will open a Windows folder window. The path should be:
    < game directory>\interface\addons
  6. Copy the addon folder from your desktop into the newly opened folder window.
  7. Click 'refresh' once the new addon is in the addon folder.
  8. Make sure the addon is ticked and you should be all set.
We always suggest that people extract to their desktop first, then move the files into the correct game directory. Not all authors pack their files the same way, so it's possible to end up with too many (most common) or too few (less common, but does happen) folders in their addon path.

As an example, lets say that I'm going to install MountMe. Depending on how I extract the zip file, I could end up with a file path of:

<game directory >\interface\addons\MountMe-v1.4.0\MountMe\<files >

or

<game directory >\interface\addons\<files >

both of which are incorrect and therefore won't work properly. The file path you need would be:

<game directory >\interface\addons\MountMe\<files >

See the difference between the three of them?

Try that and see how it goes. If it still isn't working for you, or if I didn't explain that in a way that makes sense to you (different people learn in different ways), let me know and I'll try again.

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-17-13 at 08:11 PM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-13, 09:17 AM   #5
Anduril
Zombie
I have been having an issue with getting Karuulalert to work. I have it installed in the proper directory, but it the name Karuulalert doesn't show up in the addon window, but other named folders within the Karuulalert folder do.

And when I try to do the initial configuration /kalert in game it doesnt work, so I'm assuming that the addon isnt properly installed on my end.

Can anyone verify that the Karuulalert is a single line item in the addon window that needs to be checked?

Thanks for any assistance.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-14, 01:45 PM   #6
Valixx
Claw of Regulos

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks Cairenn for answering this. Missed that post probably because of the title.

Update released today!
Valixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-15, 11:49 PM   #7
Bethany1
Zombie
Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue. I followed all the steps, and then I went back and read the instructions in this thread. All of my path files are correct except for one:

My UI File folder is supposed to be installed in the same folder as the rift.exe. An example file path is given in the instructions "C:\ProgramFiles\RIFT. However, my directory path where rift.exe is saved is "C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Glyph\Games\Rift\Live" and that is where I saved my UI File folder. Could that be causing the issue?

However, what is weird is, it did work the first time. The first time I logged in and typed in "/importui Mofix_EN" it worked, but since after I am getting an error that it failed to import the ui settings. I have tried everything from going back to default, reinstalling, nothing works.

Help! Thanks.
Bethany1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » Help/Support » trying to install a UI