View Single Post
Unread 07-15-11, 06:51 PM   #48
daisydu72
Zombie

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Welcome everyone! We are very excited to be able to open the doors on RiftUI!

I'll go ahead and start. Many of you will know me from our other sites, but for the rest of you:

Hi, my name is Cairenn. I am one of the founders and admins on our group of sites. We (myself & Dolby) have been running interface sites for the MMORPG community since 2002. We currently have 6 sites with this being our 7th, covering 8 games. You can find links to our other sites in the footer at the bottom of the page.

Before anyone asks - yes I am an honest-to-goodness female. Still somewhat of a rarity in the MMORPG world I know, but there are a few of us around. I've been a fan of Interface "modding" ever since my introduction to it with EverQuest and my enjoyment of the communities that we create for those of like interests has only continued to grow over the years that I've been involved with it. I am the 'face' of the site, taking care of all of the front end requirements on a site like this; taking care of you guys (our authors and users), being the liaison between our sites and the respective game companies, etc.

So, enough about me. Allow me to take this moment to give you a brief introduction to the rest of the staff and volunteers. Dolby is the other founder and administrator on the site. He's the one that takes care of all of the coding and such needed to keep the site running smoothly. I'd also like to introduce you to Nobgul and Seebs. They are the first two volunteer moderators for the site. Try not to be too mean to them.

Everyone, please do feel free to say "hi" and introduce yourselves.
MY NAME IS DAISYDU72 MY REAL NAME IS DAITCHIE BOYD....I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIGHT PROGRAMS...BUT I AM A BIG FAN OF RIFT. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ADDONS FOR RIFT...SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS I AM NOT YELLING....I LOST MY READING GLASSES AND I CAN SEE WHAT I AM WRITING A LIL BIT...BUT IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.
WELL I AM 38 YEAR OLD MOTHER OF A WONDERFUL 17 YEAR OLD THAT JUST GRADUATED FROM HIGHSCHOOL THIS YEAR...MY FIANCE IS DANIEL MARK LEBLANC JR. DANIEL GOT ME INTO WOW IN 2008 WHEN WE FIRST GOT TOGETHER...I COULD NEVER REALLY CATCH ONTO THE GAME BECAUSE THERE WAS SO MUCH TO LEARN AND TRY TO REMEMBER BECAUSE THE LICH KING VERSION JUST CAME OUT....WELL AFTER CATA CAME OUT I WAS JUST NOW GETTING TO KNOW THE DUNGEONS AND UNDERSTAND THE STATES OF EACH CHARACTER...WELL THEN THEY NURFED MY TOONS SO I HAD TO RELEARN MY TOONS ALL OVER AGAIN.....I JUST GOT DISGUSTED WITH IT AND STOP PLAYING. BLIZZARD DON'T KNOW HOW TO LEAVE A TOON ALONE AND THEY DON'T REALIZE HOW HARD IT IS FOR SOME PEOPLE WHEN THEY WORKED REALLY HARD FOR THEM TO LEARN THERE TOONS...WELL I COULDNT HANDLE IT....RIFT IS A DIFFERENT STORY....I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT IT IS EASIER TO PLAY RIFT THAN WOW....I THINK IT IS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO EMPRESS ANYONE WHEN IT CAME TIME TO WANTING TO GO TO RAIDS...I FOR ONE WAS JUDGED BY MY CHARACTER....I WORKED REALLY HARD ON ACEINDEATH MY DEATH KNIGHT TO GET HER UP TO RAID MATERIAL...THEN AFTER THE PATCH JUST BEFORE CATA....SHE WAS RUINED....I WAS SO MAD....THEN EVERYONE JUST STARTED JUDGING ME AGAIN AND TURNING ME DOWN FOR GROUPS....IN RIFT I AM IN A GUILD....OCEANIC....THE ARE A VERY GOOD GUILD AND THEY HELP ME AND EXPLAIN THINGS TO ME IF I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT...I AM NOT CONSTANTLY ASKED WHAT MY SCORE OR HEALTH IS OR WHAT MY EXP IS....HERE I CAN BE MYSELF AND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO PLAY BECAUSE I AM NOT UNDER LOTS OF PRESSURE TO EMPRESS ANY ONE...I KNOW IT MIGHT GET LIKE THAT ONE DAY...BUT AT LEAST I WILL BE WITH MY GUILD AND HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF EVERYTHING...THANK YOU TRION FOR MAKING RIFT. THE BEST GAME EVER...DAISY
daisydu72 is offline   Reply With Quote