Unread 06-22-11, 10:37 AM   #1
Stradinicus1972
Zombie
Letterboxing

When I played WoW, I used CTMod for my UI. It had an option (CT_Viewport) that allowed you to basically letterbox your screen. It was really nice not having all of the UI elements blocking the action on the screen. If at all possible, could some kind add-on author create something similar. If I had any clue what-so-ever of how to do it, I would, but I'm willing to admit that I'm not quite bright enough to pull it off.

Thanks
Stradinicus1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-11, 02:45 AM   #2
Shenanigans
Zombie

Not exactly sure what the point of that is? Wouldn't it completely block off the screen rather than just some of it like the UI does? You know you can hit ctrl+u to make the UI invisible? You can also disable individual UI elements in the settings (for example I disabled all pet frames so I do not see any pet frames).
Unread 06-24-11, 03:33 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
No, you are misunderstanding. What it does is scale the world view, moving it 'up' (or down, or left or right) the screen, leaving a blank space at the bottom where the majority of the UI elements are then placed. That way none of the actual 'world view' is obscured.

[edit] The below is not necessarily the best example, since everything is open to show things off, but in the attached image, the entire world view has been letter-boxed/view-ported - it's been moved in from the left and right, and shortened from top and bottom. With the exception of the spell book and the character panel, the rest of the UI elements are sitting on blank space, the world view is scaled down. That way you still actually see the whole world without the UI elements hiding any of it, but it's just scaled somewhat smaller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AncientCelts.gif
Views:	5010
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	8  

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-01-11 at 03:29 AM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-11, 06:38 AM   #4
Aieny
Veiled Ripper

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Basically it's something similar to how Everquest was when it first started (except the world view was only about 1/4 of the screen). And yes, I do recognize that screenshot as being FROM Everquest =).
Aieny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-11, 01:32 PM   #5
Dolby
I am the passenger

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Haha love that old screenshot of your UI mod Cairenn!

Yeah EQ had a view-port command so you could SCALE the view-port down instead of covering it. You'd still see everything as though it was full screen as it just scaled it down. Some games cheat and just add black boxes and don't really scale the view-port appropriately.

Last edited by Dolby : 06-24-11 at 01:35 PM.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-11, 03:10 AM   #6
Shenanigans
Zombie

Oooh, ok. Yeah I get what you mean now.
Unread 03-27-12, 09:53 AM   #7
kellyb
Zombie
CT_Viewport Mod

CT_Viewport is a mod built for us "dual headers" using 2 monitors/flatscreens and extending the windowed mode game UI across the two. The initial problem was that once the UI was extended the toon was centered in the corners of the two screens where they meet. The so called "even number" of screens is in multiples of three.

CT_Viewport assists in creating rendered/non-rendered portions of the extended UI. One screen being free of ANY clutter with the toon dead center as it would be without mod support, the other screen housing all the UI items.

I would be so inclined to work on developing something for Rift gamers that are "dual headers" like myself if I had some assistance from you here at riftui. I have programming experience but am not familiar with the likes of Lua, if that's what is being used as the code for rift.

Anyhow I am in need of this type of mod....let me know what you think and I hope that I was successful at explaining it so that you can understand what it does. Be it that this mod was free to download from the beginning I would imagine that the code is also free to grab and use as a guideline.

kellyb
kellyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Letterboxing