Unread 06-11-11, 09:55 PM   #1
Kahran
Bomani Harbinger
Post Scrolling Combat Text - Request

Something similar to the existing ScrollingCombatText (And SCT-Damage) mods for World of Warcraft.

Some features include:
- Changing Fonts and Text sizes to incoming and outgoing damage/healing.
- Setting multiple output sources where the incoming and outgoing damage/healer are displayed on your UI.
- Being able to choose how Crits and skill icons display, and what it displays for.
- The ability to change the output to a different output source.

As far as an example goes for visual purposes, Being able to arrange the outputs in any area you choose, and changing what value outputs to which spot.

Video sucks, but you can just mute it, I just link it to show some of the customization I describe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbi-tpwhJOo
Kahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-11, 11:41 AM   #2
Vytal
Bomani Harbinger
Agree

I would like some customization as wsell to change the ingame scrolling damage values to better see what I do to the enemy (including dots) and see my incoming damage as a tank more easily.
Sometimes the numbers can get pushed off the top of the screen on larger enemies too, making it harder to see anything.

Ximm-Rocklift-Cleric Tank
Vytal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-11, 02:15 PM   #3
Kahran
Bomani Harbinger
That is one of the main reasons I requested a mod like this. larger NPC's you can't see the damage scrolling off of them. Being able to adjust output locations would solve this issue.
Unread 06-13-11, 03:02 PM   #4
Dajova
Zombie

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would agree, but due to the current available API, that's not possible at the moment. We'll see when they start to release more code and finalizing the API before launch of 1.3, i'm sure someone will do something like this.

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Dajova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-11, 03:45 PM   #5
Kahran
Bomani Harbinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajova View Post
I would agree, but due to the current available API, that's not possible at the moment. We'll see when they start to release more code and finalizing the API before launch of 1.3, i'm sure someone will do something like this.
I'm not aware of API and the current capabilities of modding, but I expect the same thing as you. Once it's possible for people to do such things as my request, I'm certain someone will. That's the reason I put up the request, so that anyone capable will know that it's a mod people definitely want. I can wait as long as necessary for this mod to become available. It's the one mod I couldn't play without on WoW.
Unread 09-28-11, 10:31 PM   #6
Kahran
Bomani Harbinger
Bump for great mod.
Unread 09-30-11, 10:04 AM   #7
Sunspots
Claw of Regulos

I believe we can get a large part of the functionality of SCT now.
We are unable to pin the text to our enemies but I hope such possibilities might come in the near future.
Sunspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-11, 12:27 PM   #8
WraineGaming
Zombie
This would definitely be a popular addon for RIFT
I have used MSBT is the past and loved it.
WraineGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-11, 02:23 PM   #9
Marru
Zombie
I think I'm going to start working on this add-on. I will start soon on the basic functionality but anything you guys would like as far as configuration or specifics for such an add-on would help so that I can include as many configuration options as desired. Feel free to either respond to this forum or send me an email at [email protected] with your suggestions.
Marru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-11, 05:37 PM   #10
tetshi
Zombie
I'd be down to help Marru if you need it. Just let me know!
tetshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-11, 07:14 AM   #11
Kahran
Bomani Harbinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marru View Post
I think I'm going to start working on this add-on. I will start soon on the basic functionality but anything you guys would like as far as configuration or specifics for such an add-on would help so that I can include as many configuration options as desired. Feel free to either respond to this forum or send me an email at [email protected] with your suggestions.
Thank you Marru, I didn't think anyone would actually start on it. Looks like you have some help already as well if you need it from tetshi.

Although as far as suggestions, I believe my video link from the initial post can basically show the details of what I was looking for with my combat text. Able to place the combat text anywhere for both incoming and outgoing damage, colored by element of damage, and possibly display the icon from the damage source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
I believe we can get a large part of the functionality of SCT now.
We are unable to pin the text to our enemies but I hope such possibilities might come in the near future.
I wasn't as concerned with pinning text to enemies, mostly just being able to set an output for the text at a place on the screen where I wanted it.

But that's just me, that functionality would help other users greatly if it becomes possible at a later date.
Unread 11-11-11, 04:44 PM   #12
Marru
Zombie
ok so far I have outgoing damage from player, outgoing healing from player, deaths, and some forms of mitigation working, I also have placement working and am working on customizing colors and such. I will get incoming as well but an issue i am currently having is seperating the lines as they float up if they stack. I believe once I get past that step the addon will be ready for first release.
Marru is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Scrolling Combat Text - Request