Unread 10-07-11, 08:49 PM   #1
Rentak
Zombie
Action bar add-on request

I'd love an add-on that hid all the graphics on the action bars and allowed you to reshape them into four across and three down or whatever configuration you desired.

Is this even possible or are the action bars protected?
Rentak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-11, 09:40 PM   #2
adracamas
Zombie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't believe we quite have access to the UI in that way yet. I don't even think we can create buttons that produce an action as in a special attack or spell. I might be wrong though. I'm just an amateur programmer. I know that when we do I will be making something for my Razer mouse to match the button grid on it.
adracamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-11, 11:26 PM   #3
Sunspots
Claw of Regulos

The API does not let us manipulate the default UI in ANY WAY, so we are unable to change the action bars.

We are also unable to recreate the action bars' functionality with the current API.
Sunspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-11, 10:53 AM   #4
Rentak
Zombie
Ah, that's what I thought but I just wanted confirmation from people that know what they're talking about.

*sigh* my nostromo and razer are still not matched then.

Just a convenience I suppose not a necessity.

Thanks for the response guys.
Rentak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-12, 06:17 AM   #5
taldaas
Bomani Harbinger
Since it's been a few months I thought I would see if this is possible yet? I have a Nostromo and would love an action bar that actually fit it, if it was possible.
taldaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-12, 09:23 PM   #6
TimeBomb
Claw of Regulos
Quote:
Originally Posted by taldaas View Post
Since it's been a few months I thought I would see if this is possible yet? I have a Nostromo and would love an action bar that actually fit it, if it was possible.
Your original addon request is still not possible.

Maybe, once the devs open up keybindings and what-not to the addon API, an imitiation of RIFT's action bars can be created, and then simple macro's can be used to act like a single button, and then your action bar 1 button can be pressed and interpreted by the custom action bar addon.

But that's not really worth thinking about until we get keybinding support, i.e. access to the user's default keybindings, or at least the ability to have actions occurr on keypress instead of only on mouse click.

Last edited by TimeBomb : 02-03-12 at 09:26 PM.
TimeBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-12, 07:48 AM   #7
taldaas
Bomani Harbinger
Thanks man. I guess I'll check back in another few months
Unread 02-04-12, 07:29 PM   #8
Myrroddin
Endless Captain
We can sort of do this, but it is messy. Instead of making an action bar addon, what we can do is make a frame, looking however you wish, and parent it to the action bars using UI.Native.*. The catch is that the user would have to move and size the default bars to wherever you wanted them, and then set the alpha setting to 0 making them functional, yet invisible.

Then make the new frame "pass through" so it does not accept clicks or bound keys, but instead uses the invisible action buttons.
Myrroddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-12, 06:20 PM   #9
taldaas
Bomani Harbinger
The user would have to move and size the bars? How would this be done? As far as I'm aware, I can not change my bars to be more or less than 12 buttons, and always straight accross or up and down.

I am hoping for a 14 button look. 5 top, 5 middle, and 4 on bottom. Ideally with the bottom right one missing, or just not key mapped.

I really wouldn't care if they were mouse clickable, as long as they are able to be bound. The nostromo can be set so that each button can be any key press you need.

Right now I am faking it by stacking 3 bars and using the left 5 buttons and the right 5 buttons for shift state keys. This is certainly not ideal though.
Unread 02-06-12, 01:33 AM   #10
TimeBomb
Claw of Regulos
Quote:
Originally Posted by taldaas View Post
The user would have to move and size the bars? How would this be done? As far as I'm aware, I can not change my bars to be more or less than 12 buttons, and always straight accross or up and down.

I am hoping for a 14 button look. 5 top, 5 middle, and 4 on bottom. Ideally with the bottom right one missing, or just not key mapped.

I really wouldn't care if they were mouse clickable, as long as they are able to be bound. The nostromo can be set so that each button can be any key press you need.

Right now I am faking it by stacking 3 bars and using the left 5 buttons and the right 5 buttons for shift state keys. This is certainly not ideal though.
Currently, you have action bars that can be lined up either vertically or horizontally. There is also an option to hide all unused action bar slots. By combining these two features and using the layout editor, you could technically create the look that you are looking for.
TimeBomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Action bar add-on request