Unread 06-07-11, 10:02 AM   #21
hylax
Zombie

Hi everyone!

I've found out about RIFT when it was in beta 3 in January. Prior to RIFT I have been playing EVE Online for 3 years.
I still have an active EVE Online subscription but when the RIFT add-on API is published I will likely stick with the latter.

RIFT is the first MMO which I followed from almost the beginning. It's great to see the game still going strong and I'm looking forward to start learning add-on and UI development.
hylax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-11, 10:13 AM   #22
mabs
Zombie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,
I developed a parser for vanguard sometime ago, and i am currently working on a parser for rift ( http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...adu-log-parser ).
I would like to create an addon that look like the hud feature of my rift parser:
to show info gathered from the parser and maybe even the buff tracking feature.

my first plan is that the addon would be only a view of my parser data (to not code twice a parsing engine with different language...), meaning there would be communication between the addon and the parser, no idea if that would be even possible, and as i never had the opportunity to work on addons i have no clue what to expect.
Unread 06-07-11, 02:18 PM   #23
Menolie
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Before anyone asks - yes I am an honest-to-goodness female. Still somewhat of a rarity in the MMORPG world I know, but there are a few of us around.
I'm a female gamer myself, always nice to run into others

I'm been playing Rift since the second to last public beta and still enjoying it
Menolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-11, 06:01 AM   #24
Kira420
Bomani Harbinger

I play rift on the spitescar server, i've never written an addon and probably never will. I do however plan to use some and am anxious to see what you people come up with !

http://trollradio.com
Kira420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-11, 02:07 PM   #25
Sasenna
Zombie

Hi,

I am Sas, I have spent years playing WoW ( 6 years ). When Rift came out, several of my real life friends switched to it. Naturally I switched as well. From the beginning the biggest turn off for me was the lack of AddOns.

AddOns:
In WoW I have never written my own code, however I have spent hundreds of hours modifying others code. I am very picky when it comes to my UI. My signature shows the AddOn UI I kept going the longest.

Programming Knowledge:
I have 3 years of C++ college credit. LUA to me works alot like C++, some things were easy to figure others not so much.

Hopefully, with Rift I will be able to learn even more about LUA, and maybe even begin to write my own AddOns vs just modifying.

~Sas
Unread 06-08-11, 05:32 PM   #26
Callinon
For everything else...

Premium Member
I had some issues getting my Zam premium recognized too, I realized later that I was just doing it bass-ackwards, and got it worked out
Callinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-11, 06:25 AM   #27
Aviara
Zombie
im female gamer, mom of 3 and cant wait to see mods for Rift!
Aviara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-11, 07:57 PM   #28
Nelvean
Zombie

Thumbs up

Hello everyone, thanks for site
i wish you good luck all who works on codes and all other things..

Happy gaming...

PS : please dont forget Party's target and Raid's target
Nelvean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-11, 09:22 AM   #29
icebjorn
Bomani Harbinger
Hello all. I played rift during the closed beta and then took a break and started playing the game about an month after it came out. Im currently playing a rogue and as I wrote in another post im and graphic design fan boy looking to get involved in add on development. Nice to meet 'cha
icebjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-11, 02:09 PM   #30
Neglected
Bomani Harbinger
Ohai der!
My name is Neglected, I'm playing a Kelari Rogue on the Whitefall PvP server. I used to work in WoW emulation under the same alias, and now I've moved over to Rift Interface Customization. See you all around on IRC, etc

Last edited by Neglected : 06-11-11 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Adding signature fo sho
Neglected is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-11, 07:08 PM   #31
Raesoth
Premium Member

Premium Member
Nice to be home again. Maybe this time I can actually sit down and figure out this LUA stuff and get an addon going.

But I'm always willing to test stuff out and let those know whats works and what doesn't. Maybe a nice bag mod or well a dashpanel would be wonderful .. wow's nUI or something similar.

Lets see these addons

Last edited by Raesoth : 06-11-11 at 08:31 PM.
Raesoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-11, 03:44 AM   #32
phoenik
Bomani Harbinger
Phoenik of Seastone[US]. Played FFXI for 7 years, quit just this past year (game was changing). Friend that got into one of the earliest Betas for Rift said I should try the game. Got addicted to the flow fairly quickly.

I've never worked with LUA before so this will be my first experience with it . I'm looking forward to breaking things and finding bugs.

RecastBox is my first experiment with LUA and the idea stems from a similar 3rd party application for FFXI. Probably not the most original idea, but it's a nice learning experience :P.
phoenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-11, 03:44 AM   #33
Yorgl
Bomani Harbinger

Bonjour à tous !

Well, Yorgl/Iorghl here. Newb tank on a French-RP server.
Can't wait to have addons to slightly improve my UI. I've worked on some addons in WoW, but so far I can only code very very simple ones. I still consider give it a try in Rift if necessary !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neglected View Post
Ohai der!
O hai.
Unread 06-16-11, 07:48 AM   #34
iridar
Zombie
Hello! Iridar here.

Introduced to Addons in WoW, but never really did any programming as the community was established and I was (almost) always able to find what I needed.

Wrote a few little Lua scripts in WAR just to fool around, never published anything. Looking forward to trying my hand at some real stuff for Rift.
iridar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-11, 08:18 PM   #35
bcgamer
Zombie
Nice site design, I play RIFT for 3 months, love it so far, and I am also opening a mmo blog for this game.
bcgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-11, 08:20 PM   #36
bcgamer
Zombie
hi, I am tony
Unread 06-22-11, 09:38 PM   #37
Othgar
Zombie
Oi!

Othgar here just like I am everywhere else. Still playing around with LUA trying to get enough time to actually do more than compile addons and tweak Ouf Layouts. Looking forward to diving in to the Rift UI thing from the beginning.

Kalist-Defiant-Threesprings
Zelline-Guardian-Threesprings
Othgar-Defiant-Threesprings
Othgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-11, 03:34 PM   #38
ironhead
Zombie
Hi

I'm a recent college grad with a back ground in object oriented programming (primarily Java programming) trying to learn LUA and the Rift AddOn API in general so that I can build my own add ons.
ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-11, 09:57 PM   #39
ravensghost
Zombie
Hi Ravens here, played WoW and got hooked on the add-ons for it, hoping this time I can add to the community and not just sponge of it.
ravensghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-11, 07:03 AM   #40
Sunspots
Claw of Regulos

Hi!
I'm usually Sunspots but there is apparently another Sunspots in the rift community so I sense there might be some confusion.
I'm not "Sunspots" on the official forums but I'm Sunspots here and on Curse.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way - I recently started playing rift and the addons addition was definitely a selling point for me (I would've gotten it anyway I think, but maybe not as eagerly)
I have been a bit of an addon junkie when I've played WoW and WAR (and some RoM and LOTRO), some weeks spending more time on simply customising the addons than actually playing the thing.

I have released one little thing previously, which was basically just a single-function mod for WAR.

Right now, though, I'm making two different mods for RIFT; some unit bars and a library(more on that later).
I don't know how they will turn out but, since I haven't really done much of this before.

Wish me luck!
Sunspots is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » General Discussion » General Rift Chat » Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!