Unread 02-12-12, 08:23 PM   #1
TimeBomb
Claw of Regulos
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Idea: Rebuff Addon

A friend of mine asked me if an addon that would allow you to rebuff easily is possible.
At first, I thought no, not really. Certainly not a one button addon.

But... I got an idea, and am wondering if it is plausible with the state of the current API.

1. The player enters in all their buffs, in order, that they want to keep on 'rebuff check'. They do this out of combat.

2. The addon sets each single buff to one frame(that's all it can do now, right?), creating a new frame for each different buff, and setting that new frame to the buff.
The frames all look alike, in terms of visuals and position.

3. The addon checks your buffs and what-not, and will show the frame/button when you aren't fully buffed. If you click it, it will buff you with one buff. If you have more buffs that aren't on, then it will hide the frame you just clicked[i.e. with the buff you just used] and make visible the next frame, with the next buff.

In theory, this would allow an addon to have a 'one button' rebuff behavior. The question is, what part - if any - of the above 'theory' is currently not possible?

Thanks.
TimeBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-12, 04:00 AM   #2
Naifu
Claw of Regulos
Not wanted by Trion and not possible in combat. Outside of combat you could do something like you described. However as soon as combat starts you'd not be able to change the order / visibility of the buttons.

This is a limitation which affects any potential dynamic action bar addon and has been discussed in the official forums. Don't expect something in that direction anytime in the near future.

Cheers
N.
Naifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-12, 04:43 AM   #3
TimeBomb
Claw of Regulos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
Not wanted by Trion and not possible in combat. Outside of combat you could do something like you described. However as soon as combat starts you'd not be able to change the order / visibility of the buttons.

This is a limitation which affects any potential dynamic action bar addon and has been discussed in the official forums. Don't expect something in that direction anytime in the near future.

Cheers
N.
Ah, okay, was worried about that. I wasn't aware how restrictive the in-combat frame restrictions are; thanks for the info.
TimeBomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » Help/Support » Idea: Rebuff Addon