Unread 11-29-12, 10:13 AM   #1
Acidon
Zombie

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Seeking Help - Just need pointed in the right direction and I'll take it from there

Hello everyone - Hopefully this is the right section for such a thing.

I've created UI Mods and Addons for various games, but for some reason I'm having some issues with this game. Perhaps it is because I did not play WoW or mod for it. But, I digress..

Here's what I am looking for. I want to create an app that will provide a visual indication if I receive a tell or someone says my name in Guild Chat.

Essentially, I all I need to know is how to look for my name in the chat log, which would check every time the chat log advanced (the Non-Combat Log (log.txt)). I can handle the visual cue and all that.

I just need to know how to monitor the chat log and look for specific names or phrases, and I can tailor my alerts accordingly.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to study the use of this language, but would really help with the information to get my foot in the door, so to speak

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Acidon
Acidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-12, 09:46 AM   #2
Acidon
Zombie

No one?

I can do it all day with an external program using C++ or C#, but I want the visual indicator to be part of an in-game mod.

That's why I need help figuring out how to have a Rift Add-on watch the chat for certain names, etc.

Once I know how to do this, I can take it from there. I figure on having an indicator at the top of the screen in the form of a light, and it will shine a certain color based on what was processed.

This is obviously just for personal use.

Anyway, any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure why I am so lost with these types of mods but I am.

Thanks for any help.
Acidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-12, 03:59 PM   #3
Baanano
Bomani Harbinger
Can't be done yet.
Baanano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Seeking Help - Just need pointed in the right direction and I'll take it from there