Unread 04-02-12, 06:37 AM   #1
Lanacan
Zombie
[Request] Click casting that uses default unit frames

I see there are Unit frame Healing addons. However I miss some of the right click functionality that you only get with the default unit frames. It sucks to have to have two sets of party/raid frames on my screen to keep this default UI functionality available.

Does the API allow for for an addon like Clique?
Lanacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-12, 05:38 PM   #2
Mere
Zombie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanacan View Post
I see there are Unit frame Healing addons. However I miss some of the right click functionality that you only get with the default unit frames. It sucks to have to have two sets of party/raid frames on my screen to keep this default UI functionality available.

Does the API allow for for an addon like Clique?
Not sure there's an api that could do it. You might be able to use some form of mouseover macros.

In theory an addon could be created that you position a transparent mask over the raid UI, it could then allow configuration of buttons, and pass-through others. However, it'd require some work to know which player was where and therefore who to cast on.

i think I saw a thread somewhere talking about how to allow the same behaviors as the right click menu, I can't remember what the conclusion was.
Mere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-12, 06:15 AM   #3
Rustycage
Claw of Regulos

Look at the Unit Frames section on the Addons page. You'll find atleast 3 or more raid frame replacements, intended for healers but works for all roles and some of them have the features you're wanting.

Also, macros do provide a mousover feature, but you still have to press the button for the macro you make while your mouse is over the target, that's how it works.

For example:
#show Healing Spray
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseover Healing Spray

The above macro will allow you to mouse over your target to cast Healing Spray (a Cleric ability), but only if you press the macro button you bound it to, while your mouse is hovering over the target.

I hope that was helpful information, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
Not sure there's an api that could do it. You might be able to use some form of mouseover macros.

In theory an addon could be created that you position a transparent mask over the raid UI, it could then allow configuration of buttons, and pass-through others. However, it'd require some work to know which player was where and therefore who to cast on.

i think I saw a thread somewhere talking about how to allow the same behaviors as the right click menu, I can't remember what the conclusion was.
Rustycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-12, 07:29 AM   #4
Lanacan
Zombie
@Mere
From what I've seen I do not think the api to do this is in the game either or else a click cast addon would have been made already I believe.

@Rusty
You missed my point, I do not want to replace the frames and I do not want to make macros at all.

I've use those addons and they are great for what they do. I'm currently using Lifebinder as I feel even in its beta it's the best one out there. It's annoying to have two sets of raid/party frames up also when I'm not in a group I don't want to see the extra unit frame of myself either. I'd like to be able to click cast right on my own unit frame to heal myself. (I adjusted my UI layout to the unit frames are more center on the lower half of the screen than way up in the left corner out of view).
Lanacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-12, 11:09 AM   #5
Rustycage
Claw of Regulos

No, I understood you I was just giving you alternatives for now.

I also use LifeBinder, it's really well done. You can hide the default party/raid frames in the UI, and keep LifeBinder on, I did. Clique would be nice, but it's just not fully possible yet. Addons don't even have the ability to select a target yet as far as I've seen. Even the right click menu on a frame is inexessable.

Quote:
@Mere
From what I've seen I do not think the api to do this is in the game either or else a click cast addon would have been made already I believe.

@Rusty
You missed my point, I do not want to replace the frames and I do not want to make macros at all.

I've use those addons and they are great for what they do. I'm currently using Lifebinder as I feel even in its beta it's the best one out there. It's annoying to have two sets of raid/party frames up also when I'm not in a group I don't want to see the extra unit frame of myself either. I'd like to be able to click cast right on my own unit frame to heal myself. (I adjusted my UI layout to the unit frames are more center on the lower half of the screen than way up in the left corner out of view).
Rustycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-12, 07:46 AM   #6
Mere
Zombie
Quote:
@Mere
Actually since I wrote the original post, 1.8 on the PTS appears to have gained right-click menu functionality.

I need to test it out, however, I suspect that it may still be limited, a simple implementation might take over a mouse button completely including all modifiers, however, it could be assigned to a less used button.
Unread 04-16-12, 07:08 AM   #7
Skun
Zombie
I would love the ability to be able to rather use the original raid frames then third party addons.
It would be nice to be able to resize and reorder the raid frames (vertically/horizontally, pretty much like with the action bars), setup color coding for debuff-affected targets and most importantly, to be able to setup click-through healing utilizing the left and right MB.

I wonder why the game devs never thought of that.

Last edited by Skun : 04-16-12 at 08:45 AM.
Skun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-12, 06:07 AM   #8
jca
Zombie
Setting up click healing/casting is actually pretty easy and I know my unit frames support it and I'm sure others do as well but I haven't checked them out lately. Each unit frame will be assigned a unit identifier (ie target, target.target, group01, group02, etc) which can be used in macros w/ the '@' specifier. Using my implementation, using '%u' in a macro will replace it with @[unit] for whatever unit frame that macro is assigned to when those macros are loaded up into the addon. I'm sure other authors do something similar.

As to the right-click functionality (for the default menu), as far as I know that isn't available but I haven't had a chance to check out the 1.8 changes so that could have changed.
jca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-12, 02:42 PM   #9
Mere
Zombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jca View Post

As to the right-click functionality (for the default menu), as far as I know that isn't available but I haven't had a chance to check out the 1.8 changes so that could have changed.
That's been added, but I suspect it takes over the whole mouse button (IE if you bind menu, then it's an all or nothing)
Unread 04-22-12, 06:32 AM   #10
jca
Zombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
That's been added, but I suspect it takes over the whole mouse button (IE if you bind menu, then it's an all or nothing)
Thanks, I will have to investigate that. As long as you only have to bind it to one of the five available buttons it wouldn't be bad I'd think. Especially if you could make it optional so the button could show the menu or cast a macro depending on user preference. I've got my fingers crossed that it works that way.
jca is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Click casting that uses default unit frames