Unread 07-12-13, 11:39 AM   #1
wraith
Zombie
Auction House Searcher Addon?

One of my common issues with the Auction House is that there's no way to "save" a list of commonly searched for items and then quickly repeatedly look up their current prices on the AH.

The only AH addon I have seen is BananAH and I don't think this functionality is in there (although there are so many features I could have missed it), so I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a simple addon that can save a list of item names and search for them on the auction house. Not buy or sell or anything, just simply perform the search feature on items that I save the names of.

Not being familiar with LUA I don't know what the best way to do this would be, but even if it's just a way to save a list ingame that copies into the AH search tool when double-clicked or something would be great - anything to save typing the full names of items is the goal for me.

Thanks in advance if it exists somewhere I can't find, or if it can be made.
wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-13, 04:55 AM   #2
adelea
Claw of Regulos
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this

http://www.exyles.com/addons/AHShortcut.zip

Let me know if you have any comments/thoughts on it, and I can incorporate them before making a release.

It adds a window to the left side of the AH window, where it will save off any searches it finds.

It will create a new entry for any combination of Name + Rarity + Category

A red bar under the name means a category was set, a green bar means a rarity.

Left-click an entry to resubmit the search

Right-click an entry to remove it

If there are more entries than will fit on screen, then a scroll bar will appear - use the mouse wheel up/down to scroll through the list.

Last edited by adelea : 07-14-13 at 04:57 AM.
adelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-13, 06:33 PM   #3
wraith
Zombie
This is fantastic.

I was looking for simplicity so I'm not sure what I'd offer in terms of comments - this is really exactly what I personally was looking for anyways.

In terms of functionality, the only thing that might be nice is if the search text copied into the text entry for searching on the AH so you could see what you had searched for when no results pop up. In testing it out I sometimes wasn't sure exactly which entry I'd clicked when I had multiple no-result searches up and there was no way to doublecheck which I'd entered. That's minor though.

Thank you again, though, this is a godsend even just in it's current form.
wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-13, 12:11 AM   #4
adelea
Claw of Regulos
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately we cant put the text directly into the AH search - I was surprised it didnt get populated by the command to scan.

I've modified the version at the above link, and made some changes:

- The rarity indicator is now colored according to the rarity
- When you left click something it displays a chat message, saying 'Performing AH scan for: .....'
- When you move your mouse over the list it highlights which row you are actually on
- Added a textfield entry at the bottom - coloured in purple. This is populated with the search text, so you can at least highlight (ctrl+a) and copy it (ctrl+c) and then paste it into the AH window proper (ctrl+v)
adelea is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Auction House Searcher Addon?