Unread 04-06-12, 04:18 PM   #1
Solsis00
Claw of Regulos

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help Wanted

I am reaching out to find another individual that is interested in working on this project with me. I have working on an addon that was no longer being updated and am breaking it down and forming it into something better. I am new to LUA and am either looking for someone to learn with or someone with some experience that is willing to take some time to develop a little with me and provide some help and understanding.

I'm available on multiple chat/IM/Voice services. PM me or reply to this post if you are interested.

Last edited by Solsis00 : 04-06-12 at 09:56 PM. Reason: better wording
Solsis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-12, 07:07 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Two important things that anyone considering helping you will want to know:
  1. Which addon project is it that you are taking over? (Provide a link, please)
  2. Are you doing so with the original author's permission?
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-12, 07:29 PM   #3
Solsis00
Claw of Regulos

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My addon link (currently named ClickBoxHealer) http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...BoxHealer.html will be a rework of RiftHealer. I linked back to his addon, gave him credit, and even noted the original authors name documented in my addon and on my page. I tried both by email and PM to contact the original author for 1 month prior to starting this project.

This began as a learning experience for me and will turn into completely re-coding the addon only keeping some basic functionality of the original. So "taking over" I guess would only be relative. I'm using his addon as a stepping stone. Still giving credit to him for the original code. If this is an issue I'll be glad to do whatever is needed to correct it.
Solsis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-12, 12:13 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Since you are only using the original author's addon as inspiration, it should be fine. It's just if you are going to be using a significant portion of their code that you need to make sure you abide by copyright rules.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » Help/Support » Help Wanted