Unread 07-14-12, 02:50 AM   #1
Ayeyermaw
Zombie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BuffOff

Hey guys.

Yesterday I decided to have a look at the RIFT API and have a play around with an addon of my own.
I wanted to learn how to read and respond to ingame events (not world events), allow user interaction and save any changes the user makes to file so that when they next load the game it remembers their settings.

Inspired by the guys in my guild who love to joke around I decided to go for an anti-sheep type of addon and so BuffOff was born.
I took it further than the anti-sheep route and made it anti-buff. If there's any buff you don't want then you can add this to your watchlist and the addon will remove it as soon as it's cast on you.

Unfortunately the comedy buffs such as Sheep and Shambler don't have names so I've had to invent some buff names for them. If you want to avoid those then just add "Sheep" & "Shambler" to your list.

Anyhoo i've opened it up for download in case any of you find it useful. I'm also open to improvement/enhancement suggestions so comment away. It's all good practice for me

The addon is hosted here at riftui.com under "Miscellaneous": http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info279-BuffOff.html
I used Grinch and SheepCanceler as aides to my learning curve so thanks to those authors for the inspiration.

Hope you enjoy my first effort.

Ayeyermaw
Ayeyermaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-12, 02:13 AM   #2
rz.
Zombie
Awesome mod.

Do you think you can make an addon that shows SP/AP / resits etc on your ui, so u dont have to hit c and look at those stats, just like a mini stat window. and a conq timer countdown on the ui too so u dont gotta hit k and look how much time is left til cq.
rz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-12, 02:52 PM   #3
Ayeyermaw
Zombie
Hey thanks. Glad you like it.
I'll have a look into your suggestions although I'll be surprised if the timer is open to us yet as conquest it's such a new feature.
Ayeyermaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-12, 08:12 PM   #4
mistmare
Zombie
OH YEAH

Someone else is posting on the forum and making addons.

I was looking at doing something for Conquest too. I HEART PVP, brother.

In general time in the game api is pretty meh.
mistmare is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » Released AddOns and Layouts » BuffOff