Unread 03-03-13, 01:52 PM   #1
Konchar
Zombie

Dynamic graphics settings

i doubt its currently possible currently, but an interesting addon that i though would be useful for years now would allow the player to automatically change the graphics options depending on the current fps.
For example in an empty area my fps might be 60 or so at medium settings, but when i go into a more populated area it drops down to 10. this would automatically lower my graphics settings in game when my fps drops in an attempt to keep the game running smoothly. once i go back to an area where my fps is higher it will turn the settings back up. obviously the settings that require a restart will have to be left alone.

i know next to nothing about programming or the current api, but if this is possible now, or will be in the future it would be an incredible useful addon for anyone that doesn't have a computer able to run rift at max settings in a crowded hub.

hopefully some one much better with computers then me will read this and keep this idea in mind for a future addon in this or any other game.
Konchar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Dynamic graphics settings