Unread 07-12-14, 03:11 PM   #1
SinRopa
Veiled Ripper
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gravitational Gathering (GG) 2.0

Well I've made my way back into Rift as I expected.

With the added (since I left) artifact tracking in-game, I might finally have a decent solution for implementing artifact data.

So here is the situation and plan.

1. Test and upgrade GG 1.0 tonight, once its working the project will be replaced with GG 2.0

2. Re-design the code structure and feature set to utilize any new features of the API (at first glance I didn't see any improvements in over a year, impressive) might play with canvas a bit and see what we can do there.

3. Remove the error prone artifact data in favor of the auto-tracked "exact" locations.

As I am not a subbed player atm the data collection will have to wait. I am in the middle of a move / job change - and as a student I don't know when I will have funds to buy artifact tracking / subs.

If anyone is interested in contributing I could use REX to purchase the tracking which would move the project along.

That said, if I cannot manage the cost, I will implement the system for that which I can track per usual - ie gatherables.

Overall I'm excited that the long running task of mapping artifacts might actually be manageable now. Its just kinda sad how little the API has improved... still cant detect loot, still cant play sounds, etc.

Will make the best with the tools provided. Once again thank you all for your support and efforts over the process of GG 1.0 and my other addons.

-Sin
Unread 07-14-14, 05:07 AM   #2
SinRopa
Veiled Ripper
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Update

GG 1 doesn't appear to need any updating. Nor do my related addons for that matter... the API just hasn't moved enough to break anything I implemented.

Doing another lap by questing a lowbie up while I design GG 2.0

Still finding gathering nodes but not enough yet to warrant a patch.

Debating the best way to handle artifact track mapping.

Once my RL job switch / move is over and settled I will decide to sub or not.

The daily potion would help, but with RiftUI being dead and the API stagnant RIFT addon dev leaves a bit to be desired.

At the end of the day RIFT is just not the most impressive sub option at the moment and its really going to come down to community enthusiasm.

Sadly I am motivated by such things... so if you have an opinion - voice it. Taking feedback on UI / menu / concept changes that could possibly make their way into 2.0

For now I am going to fill in the minor gaps of the map - over 10000 nodes were already known due to the many hours SMM users invested previously.

-SIN

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Gravitational Gathering (GG) 2.0