Unread 06-06-11, 12:42 PM   #1
Dolby
I am the passenger

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!

Welcome every one to riftui!
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 02:24 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Welcome everyone! We are very excited to be able to open the doors on RiftUI!

I'll go ahead and start. Many of you will know me from our other sites, but for the rest of you:

Hi, my name is Cairenn. I am one of the founders and admins on our group of sites. We (myself & Dolby) have been running interface sites for the MMORPG community since 2002. We currently have 6 sites with this being our 7th, covering 8 games. You can find links to our other sites in the footer at the bottom of the page.

Before anyone asks - yes I am an honest-to-goodness female. Still somewhat of a rarity in the MMORPG world I know, but there are a few of us around. I've been a fan of Interface "modding" ever since my introduction to it with EverQuest and my enjoyment of the communities that we create for those of like interests has only continued to grow over the years that I've been involved with it. I am the 'face' of the site, taking care of all of the front end requirements on a site like this; taking care of you guys (our authors and users), being the liaison between our sites and the respective game companies, etc.

So, enough about me. Allow me to take this moment to give you a brief introduction to the rest of the staff and volunteers. Dolby is the other founder and administrator on the site. He's the one that takes care of all of the coding and such needed to keep the site running smoothly. I'd also like to introduce you to Nobgul and Seebs. They are the first two volunteer moderators for the site. Try not to be too mean to them.

Everyone, please do feel free to say "hi" and introduce yourselves.

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-06-11 at 04:46 PM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 04:43 PM   #3
Ketho
Zombie

Hi, I wrote only a few WoW addons over on WoWI

I was in the Rift Beta for a while, but I'm excited to meet the RiftUI community
Ketho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 05:06 PM   #4
lunacat
Zombie

Hi everyone,
I've been playing Rift since beta and I'm really enjoying it. This is my first actual mmo playing by my self (without my folks) and I'm keen to try everything the game has to offer. My folks got me into wow and lotro before Rift so i know a little about addons. I would like to try and learn how to develop addons so I'm going to have lots of questions for sure
Cairenn, I'm also an honest-to-goodness female, just not an adult one yet
Lunacat.
lunacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 05:17 PM   #5
Drakah
EQI Staff

Premium Member
Greetings!

Maybe with the launch with the RiftUI website, I might go buy the game...(ponder). Hard to resist modding...

Remember...it is only a GAME
Q&A can be found at www.shakahr.com
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 05:28 PM   #6
Arc
Zombie

Hi! I'm very excited to be here and can't wait to see what the future holds in store for this community! I have only a little experience in software development, but I'm going to dive right into Rift addon development and not come up for air until I'm satisfied!

Thanks a bunch to Dolby and all the staff!
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 05:30 PM   #7
Kreiri
Claw of Regulos

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi.

I've been playing WoW for several years, wrote my own addons, maintained briefly addon written by another. I use several nicknames; my WoW one is (was) "Zhiva".

Cairenn, I'm a woman too. On "rarity" of female MMO players: it's estimated that about 40% of WoW subscribers are women.
Kreiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 05:42 PM   #8
TMc51
Claw of Regulos
HERRO!

Glad to see another MMO adding interface customization. I'll definitely give Rift a try now, since my main gripe with the game during beta was lack of customization.

Depending on how many people game together in this community, I might take a break from WoW and join in sometime, though I do plan to attempt porting some stuff over either way.
TMc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 06:00 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiri View Post
Cairenn, I'm a woman too. On "rarity" of female MMO players: it's estimated that about 40% of WoW subscribers are women.
I didn't say female gamers are rare. There are lots of us, for which I'm very happy! Girl power! Highly visible women working in the MMORPG industry, however, are much more rare. That group is growing too, though, as time goes by.

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-06-11 at 06:07 PM.
Unread 06-06-11, 06:04 PM   #10
Ailae
Zombie

Hey folks!

I've dabbled a little with addons in WoW (and can be found at WoWI under the same username), although nothing major.

I'm pretty stoked about addons coming for Rift so I can sort out a few quality of life issues I have with the default interface.
Unread 06-06-11, 06:24 PM   #11
Nobgul
Super Moderator

Riftui Super Mod
Ello all!

I look forward to seeing all the cool addon's everyone comes up with.
Nobgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 06:37 PM   #12
Plasma
Zombie

woot riftui is finally up been checking over the last thu days.
cant wait to see this site populated with addons
Plasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 09:07 PM   #13
Myrroddin
Endless Captain
Well, I am not a female, regardless of my Rift toon.

On topic: I've played WoW for six years, but I have switched to Rift. In the former, I wrote or contributed to about half a dozen addons, and I am really looking forward to see what the latter's API looks like. If interesting and robust, I just may contribute a few Rift addons.

Over on Curse, I have been a moderator for their forums. You might have seen one of my approaching 5000 posts helping people out.
Myrroddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-11, 11:43 PM   #14
Unkn
Zombie

Hello Everyone!!

I can't wait to see this community get up and running - looking forward to getting to know this crowd.

I'm glad Rift has decided to let us work on some addons and I can't wait to get running on it. I'd cancelled my sub with Rift and gone back to wow - half the fun of wow was my UI And in the near future I can do that with Rift YAYAY
Unread 06-07-11, 03:50 AM   #15
Saints
Zombie

Im new to this Add-Ons thing so hopefully it will be good :P

You Kill Me I Kill You!
Saints is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-11, 07:25 AM   #16
manorton
Premium Member

Premium Member
Yea! Good to see you guys ready to go!

Ill be working on my videos as soon as we have something to work with and review.

BTW, I had to re-register. Not sure if the Zam connection is broken or just me.

Anyway! YEA!!!

<3 you guys as always.
manorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-11, 07:35 AM   #17
manorton
Premium Member

Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by manorton View Post
Yea! Good to see you guys ready to go!

Ill be working on my videos as soon as we have something to work with and review.

BTW, I had to re-register. Not sure if the Zam connection is broken or just me.

Anyway! YEA!!!

<3 you guys as always.
I think I got it tied now. Or I messed it up :P But im here.
manorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-11, 07:36 AM   #18
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Not sure why it wouldn't work for you Manorton. What browser are you using? Any blocking software? Did you try logging in with the email address that you used to register with on the other site(s)?

[Edit] Well, you just went from a regular registered user to a premium user, so I'd say that yes, you got them linked now.

Either way, glad to see you here. Glad to see everyone that's here. This is a fantastic start for the community, especially considering how little we actually know of what Trion is going to give us access to.

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-07-11 at 07:39 AM.
Unread 06-07-11, 09:24 AM   #19
Arianos
Bomani Harbinger
Greetings Everyone! Looking forward to all the enhancements for the UI to come!
Arianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-11, 10:00 AM   #20
Bludwyng
Zombie
Looking forward to it

Hi, all. This is Bludwyng from the ZAM Wikibase. Can't wait to see what enhancements y'all come up with! Hopefully a way to set waypoints can be found that will allow use of all those wonderful coordinates we have been entering in the wiki!
Bludwyng is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » General Discussion » General Rift Chat » Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!