Unread 06-23-11, 01:24 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
An Update on Author and User Resources

Been a little bit since I posted about stuff going on, so thought I'd take a moment to bring everyone up to date:
  • Our IRC channel is well populated now with 50+ people in it at any given time, including Zorba, and it's still growing;
  • The Dev guilds are set up on both the PvE and the PvP PTS, both sides. There is discussion about setting guilds up on a live shard as well;
  • We've had a few authors start Portals on the site, not many yet but I'm expecting to see more of them as the community grows and when AddOns go 'live'. Portals are a great way for users to get news on what an author is doing and to submit feature requests and bug reports;
  • Our version control repository is seeing a bit of use, again I expect to see more usage as the community grows, when AddOns go live, and when we get our Git repository enabled in addition to our existing SVN repository;
  • There's quite a bit of discussion going on in our Developer Discussions section of our forums, and some chit chat in the rest of our forums. Much of that is just general discussion, since AddOns aren't yet live, but that will change as things progress;
  • There are almost 150 pages on our Wiki, including complete documentation of the API as it currently stands. Dolby has also added geshi code highlighting to the wiki now, < code lua>the code< /code>;
  • For all that the API is still very limited, there are actually quite a few AddOns already published for usage and testing on the PTS (once they get re-enabled).
As you can tell, the AddOn Dev community is moving along quite nicely. Everyone is really excited about getting more API to work with when they get re-enabled on the PTS, and looking forward to when they finally go live.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » Site Forums » News » An Update on Author and User Resources