Unread 05-07-14, 04:43 PM   #1
phoenixrouge
Zombie
Looking for a "guild chat" addon

Hi all,

I'm looking for an addon which add a window chat above general chat, for guild.
A type of chat with at the top, last guild message, and after all messages on guild "channel"

I don't see an addon like it on DB. If exist, can someone link me it?

Thanks
phoenixrouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-14, 11:46 AM   #2
Altenius
Zombie
The addon API has no chat event, so that will be impossible.

The RIFT addon API is too strict

EDIT:
Actually... This would be possible if it's only limited to the guild. Well, sort of. You would not be able to use the /guild chat, you would need to use some kind of chat bar the plugin provides.

Last edited by Altenius : 10-11-14 at 06:25 PM.
Altenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-15, 07:43 AM   #3
treaborne
Zombie

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is possible to do, but would require the frame to be securemode set to restricted. From what I know, and mind you I am still learning this, is that the frame would be very limited while in that mode, but a macro event could be used. It would prolly have a small ui with a Title that says GUILD and a frame below that to display the guild chat, and a text field at bottom to accept input. Clicking the send button would be the macro part to pull what you typed and send it. Now obviously you would need to read whats in the console labeled GUILD and put it into an array table, from there you can sort it anyway you want or should be able to.

If you are looking to develop your own addon I would suggest looking at some examples found on the RIFT forums. RIFT also supplies some basic ones to show simple examples how things work. Also you would need to look over and study LUA 5.1, that is what the RIFT API uses.

Links:
Seebs.net LIVE TEST
RIFT Forums Addon API Development Addon Developer Resources
RIFTui Addon Author Resources

Those are just to name a few, hope that helps and once you get into it, well its not that hard todo, its just tedious at times hehe
treaborne is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a "guild chat" addon