Unread 12-26-11, 01:23 PM   #1
eunichman
Zombie
A threat meter

Enough with all the dps meters which do nothing but show someone's epeen.. How about a threat meter already so tanks can see when they are about to lose threat and RESPONSIBLE dps can see when they need to back off before it's too late
eunichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-11, 01:51 PM   #2
Dolby
I am the passenger

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Authors can only play with the data they are given. That data is not yet available in the api.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-11, 07:55 AM   #3
tkoreaper
Zombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by eunichman View Post
Enough with all the dps meters which do nothing but show someone's epeen.. How about a threat meter already so tanks can see when they are about to lose threat and RESPONSIBLE dps can see when they need to back off before it's too late
Threat is extremely lenient in Rift... you shouldn't need threat meters. If you're pulling off a tank then obviously the tank is doing something very wrong. Unlike threat meters you can tell when someone is doing something wrong with DPS meters. So you can think it's about epeen all you want, but in a mature atmosphere that is not the case.
tkoreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-11, 11:38 AM   #4
koranthos
Zombie
No this doesn't mean the tank sucketh. There could be a number of reasons that a mob can be pulled off a tank. Tank charges to battle with HoT's on him. Some random DPS could be using a threat generating attack ability, etc. Other than that a Tank should be able to hold most of the aggro. DPS does generate a good amount of aggro though. The warrior taunts actually function such that up TO a certain amount of damage the mob remains on you.
koranthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-11, 02:26 AM   #5
Naifu
Claw of Regulos
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One of our warrior tanks is experiencing quite some problems lately. On some occassions he needs to constantely taunt the mob to make sure he stays. However this is also related to the dd just going insane on the mob immediately and sometimes right before the actual pull.

Me on the other side as a rogue tank don't have the problem. Most probably cause I jump to the mob and therefore I got a couple of milliseconds time to build initial aggro before our damage dealers turn off their brain.

So to be honest the game doesn't have any need for a threat meter but a real life int buff for damage dealers.

Cheers
N.
Naifu is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » A threat meter