Unread 06-07-11, 10:11 AM   #1
samblack09
Zombie
Question Request: Sorter

Looks like I'm the first person here. Hello RiftUI!
I just figured i'd throw this out there, for anyone who wanted to plan ahead and work on something when addon compatibility is released.
I've played quite a few MMO's and although i was done with Aion in no time, one thing i do miss is the ability to click a button on your bank and bags to sort items by type, and then name.
Example:
Equips(A-Z) > Consumables (A-Z) > Quest items (A-Z) ect, ect.
This would work on individual bags, so if you want to move things around you don't have to move them back after sorting.
I don't know what Trion will let us do with addons, but i'd love to get something like this. Again, hello RiftUI! Great to see this site poping up so fast, and i hope to see it really take off.
samblack09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-11, 04:11 PM   #2
Luponius
Zombie
I do personally have high hopes for inventory-related addons to go above and beyond what we've been able to witness so far.

My main train of tought is the ability to go along the lines of what combuctor did. You were able to seperate everything by first condensing all of your bags into one big bag, and then split it up into smaller "virtual bags" which take up just the right size for the items you have.

Aesthetic flexibility was sadly quite disappointing with that addon, but the job it was aimed to do was carried out quite professionally.

Personally I want to see something which compresses all the bags into one bigger, better looking bag (in my case simpler, darker and more minimalist than I could possibly imagine! :P) and allows us to create "rules" for organizing everything we get on-the-go. Organization could either happen real-time (every set amount of milliseconds) or every-time the bags are opened or re-opened.

Would most definitely be nice for addon authors to be given a detailed list of features one would like to see coming out of these addons. Ideas are the fuel driving those crazy authors out there!
Luponius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-11, 10:21 AM   #3
ninioautista
Zombie
i've just found out about this forum and all the LUA stuff being available.

First addon Im gonna code is a Sorter for the already existing bags (wont intend to change the graphical interface etc etc, at least for know)
i just want to fill the empty bag slots and sort them by type

Probably I'll expand the capabilities in the future but as soon as I have some kind of sorting I'll upload it =)
ninioautista is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Sorter