Unread 11-17-12, 03:49 AM   #1
Rustycage
Claw of Regulos

Databroker Display?

I always thought it'd be a good idea to have a micromenu replacer, EXP information, and other important information such as "FPS" and what not, on a data broker display bar, with access to using some of the default art in the games UI, to make it blend well.

I don't know if the API can support such a thing yet, but if it can; I was wondering if I could request a Databroker Display addon, with some of the things I mentioned there as the options to display on it. There are things that most game UI's never show at a glance that you actually should have at a glance anyway, and they shouldn't always have a static UI showing all the time, but they do. Trion is one of the few that atleast let you move things where you want, change the size and opacity of them... but they don't let you separate some features from them and put them into another location completely away from what they are attached to (in this case I'm referring to the EXP bar).

Databroker addons might actually make this possible for once, to go further than we already can, so we can just hide it, and re-display it inside the Databroker addon, so that it is displayed in a different way, less intrusive, more minimal, while still going with the style of the game itself. (it's not exactly a futuristic shooter game now is it? We don't need to go too minimal).

What do you guys think, is this even possible for TRION as of yet? Also, is there possible some documentation online that I can find, that will tell me what sort of addons can and can't be made, and a place where I learn about the API in the game so I can create my own addons? I find it daunting to figure out all on my own. Even games like World of Warcraft make it complicated for me... simply because I have a very bad learning disorder caused by a neurological problem in my brain, and can't really help it. But if I can manage to learn what I need to, to make some simple addons that would really make things better for me, I'd be happier.

Thanks for your time.
Rustycage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » AddOns, Layouts and Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Databroker Display?